This month you are in for a treat – I am sharing an “original” recipe. I try very hard to prepare nutritious, low-cal and low-carb meals whenever possible. They can be very delicious and quick to prepare. I plan to share other such meals with you in the future. Hope you enjoy my Chicken with Mushroom Sauce.
What You’ll Need:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
1 pkg. fresh sliced mushrooms (cut each in half)
2 green onions (scallions), sliced on the diagonal
1/4 cup white cooking wine
- Prepare the chicken 2 days ahead of time. Or, marinate at least 6 hours if you don’t plan ahead. You want the chicken to be very tender.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice each breast into 2 or 3 thin slices. (You may prefer to buy the thin sliced chicken breasts already sliced for you in the meat department.) Marinate the chicken in Zesty Italian Salad Dressing for 2 days in the refrigerator. When ready to prepare the meal, remove the chicken to paper towels and pat dry.
- In a small skillet, melt butter, add sliced mushrooms, cook on medium for 5 minutes, add green onions, and cook on low 5 minutes.
- In a larger skillet, on high heat, add olive oil and then add chicken breasts. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Turn heat to medium for 5 minutes. Turn chicken. Add mushrooms, onions and butter to top of chicken. Add wine and cook on low 5 minutes.
- Move Chicken and mushroom sauce to a warm serving platter.
Serve with a nice tossed salad with balsamic vinaigrette and diet-iced tea. Or you might try diet tonic water with a slice of lime. Dessert can be a sugar-free Jell-O with whipped cream. You have a low-cal, low-carb meal.
This will make 2 servings. Company coming? Prepare 1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person and prepare additional ingredients as needed.