A friend of my daughters gave us this recipe. Thank you, Tina Borman. This is one you will make repeatedly and enjoy with friends and family or your bridge buddies or at unit parties. Hopefully you all have a crock-pot because the meat turns out so moist and tender. You’ll think you’re in heaven!
Crock-pot Beef Burgundy
What You’ll Need:
1 boneless Chuck Roast
1 cup Burgundy Wine
1 jar salt-free beef gravy
Few cloves garlic, crushed
Small Portobello mushrooms (crimini, baby bella), sliced – amount depends on how much you like mushrooms)
1 small white onion, 1/2 sliced and 1/2 chopped
Salt and Pepper
Asiago Cheese, grated
Now to make it:
- Spray the crock-pot with PAM.
- Put the roast in the crock-pot.
- Add Burgundy and gravy.
- Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on slow heat until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Heat or lightly toast the rolls.
- Place shredded beef on a roll along with some onions and mushrooms; add a little sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Option: Put under broiler for a little bit.